It may happen that campaigns generate zero or few impressions after more than 24 hours for a few reasons. Please check all of them because all of them may impact impressions.
1. ACoS target is Too Low
If your product has had a very low conversion rate in the past and you have chosen a low Target ACoS then the optimal bids per click may be much lower than other competitors and therefore Amazon is not giving you visibility. Gradually increase the Target ACoS to 100% or until you get your first few orders and then move down toward your equilibrium value.
You may see some yellow notices under products that prevent campaigns from generating traffic. They usually relate to buybox, inventory, or Amazon Advertising policies. You can also find the message by entering your campaign in Amazon Advertising. You can contact Amazon’s official support for more information.
- Go to Amazon Advertising
- Select a campaign (like SPA, Sponsored Product Auto) and select an adgroup (like Auto)
- Verify that all enabled ASIN/SKU have the “delivering” status in green. If not, fix the problem. For more explanation on the cause you can open a case in Amazon Advertising. Usually it’s policy violation issues or particular category restrictions.
3. Product detail page
For good results, the product page must meet these requirements (Amazon readiness):
- Main photo with pure white background showing the product in the foreground
- Title must match image
- At least 4 photos
- 15+ Reviews and 3.5+ stars
- Available inventory and eligible for prime shipping
- No warnings in your Inventory tab in Amazon Seller Central.
4. Missing Browse node
Verify in the product detail page that the ASIN has been associated with a deep browse node. If it is associated only to a root browse node (e.g. “Sports & Outdoor”) it may not generate traffic due to low discoverability. You need to have a deeper browse node like Skateboards. Also check that it is set in the most relevant browse node. It may be that you have placed it in another node or Amazon has moved the node for you.
5. Enable all ASINs
Verify that all ASINs in the parent ASIN are enabled. The more variants there are active, the higher will be the Ad Rank obtained by the sponsored ad. Activating all ASINs makes no difference to the budget spent, so we recommended to enable them all.